Brunswick is the market leader in the marine, fitness, bowling and billiards industries; and our participation in these industries is deliberate. No company has Brunswick?s breadth and scope in the marine industry. No company equals Brunswick?s quality and innovation in fitness equipment. And no company possesses Brunswick?s knowledge and heritage in bowling and billiards.
If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!.
Bring your talents and experience to the leader in marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in the manufacture of recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service that have earned us J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction on both the Optimax 2-stroke and MerCruiser sterndrive power. Being the world leader doesn?t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative product offerings that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
The Metals Buyer is a highly visible and key role within the Mercury Procurement Organization with potential opportunities for growth in this exciting consumer recreational business as part of an innovative manufacturing business.
This desk is part of the Metals Commodity Team and is responsible for supporting the foundry operations at Mercury.
This position requires the sourcing/planning of production materials for the aluminum foundry including scrap aluminum, sows, prime, ingot, master metals, etc. This person will be responsible for ensuring that increasingly competitive sources of raw material are provided to the foundry, on-time, and meeting the quality expectations of the foundry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Translate the production plans of the foundry to the most competitive raw material requirements (depending on material cost, inventory, and availability at any given period of time).
• Understand the foundry needs for chemistry, material form, and cleanliness. Be able to convert those needs to the most competitive available raw materials. Understand and confirm material certifications.
• Monitor/engage the aluminum scrap and primary markets to determine costs, trends and opportunities. Frequent travel to suppliers and potential sources of raw material required to continually source the lowest total material costs.
• Effectively match material needs with opportunities. Aggressively negotiate with current and potential suppliers to analyze/achieve the lowest total cost solutions based on chemistry, form, cleanliness, logistics, etc. Responsible to drive raw material costs down.
• Issue Purchase Orders for material and coordinate logistics to meet foundry?s production needs.
• Monitor and control inventory levels to control costs and optimize production.
• Work cross functionally with the foundry and sales organizations to meet production, cost, and inventory goals.
• Significant knowledge of the aluminum scrap market and chemistry
• Entrepreneur and self-starter who needs limited oversight with excellent negotiating skills
• Experience in supporting a modern manufacturing facility with material on a daily basis
Skills and Experience you bring to our winning team:
• BS/BA required.(Business, Engineering, or related field)
• Minimum of 3 years experience in purchasing or a related field. Aluminum purchasing experience preferred.
• Experience supporting manufacturing/production lines.
• Ability to communicate effectively across the organizational lines.
• Good understanding of supplier selection processes.
• Experience with pricing and/or negotiations.
Brunswick is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. EOE/AAP. Brunswick loves Veterans! Veterans and Reservists strongly encouraged to apply
Brunswick Corporation; get to know us
Check out our rewarding Career Opportunities
Follow Us on Twitter
Check us out on UTube
Check us out on Pinterest