Healthcare - Health Services
Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years.
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical companies have relied on our solutions for over 30 years. Truven Health Analytics combines deep clinical, financial and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better, collaborating with customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. Truven Health Analytics employs approximately 2,200 people worldwide and has principal offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago and Denver. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT.
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TEXAS
Manage the analytic consulting support provided to assigned customers. Supervise analytic and training staff.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the client to develop and implement an Analytic Agenda that outlines each client’s healthcare information needs.
- Oversee all training activity provided for client.
- Oversee all analytic consulting projects related to health care issues, such as managed care evaluation, reimbursement strategies, and quality of care.
- Assists with the development and documentation of analytical results.
- Oversee the presentation of analytical results to clients.
- Responsible for meeting a defined value-add sales target.
- Proficient in proposal writing.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Evaluate health and productivity program ROI.
- Identify and develop proactive analyses from news reports.
- Formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Meet or exceed defined financial target for value-add revenue.
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years work experience in healthcare analysis and/or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to aid audience through written or verbal communications.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Experience in data evaluation, database development.
- Experience in applying health analysis methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills.
- Knowledge of decision support theory and practice, applied in a healthcare environment.
- Willingness to travel.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.