Elwood/Chicago Metro Area
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
We currently have an opening for a Production Engineer in support of amphoterics and drum dry.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
• Visiting the control rooms on a regular basis to assist the operators with any issues with equipment reliability, quality, etc.
• Working with operators to identify opportunities for process improvement and driving these ideas to reality.
• Issuing MOC’s for any changes to the processes and following up on related action items
• Assisting in Process Hazard Analysis and driving resulting action items to completion.
• Ensuring the product quality meets specification by working with R&D and QC to develop and drive “right the first time” (RFT) processes
• Interfacing with Process & Project Engineering as the production representative for area capital projects
• Modifying and updating all Process Safety Information (P&ID’s, procedures, etc.) to meet PSM compliance.
• Supporting area work groups and safety committees
• Representing the production area on various improvement teams
• Providing training to operators on new processes
• Assisting with preparation for annual turnaround work
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and minimum five years of experience in the chemical industry. Candidates should be detail oriented, a strong team player, and excellent communication skills.Employment is contingent upon passing a physical, fitness for duty test, drug test, and background check. ~cb~