PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
Government - Civil Service
The Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Department of Rehabilitation Services has one vacancy available for a Physical Therapist Assistant. This position requires a current and valid License as a Physical Therapist Assistant with the Physical Therapy Board of the State of California.
The Physical Therapist Assistant will follow and carry out the treatment plan prescribed by the Physical Therapist. The incumbent must be able to re-asses each individual patient on each treatment and communicate the results to the Physical Therapist. The area of treatment will include both the in-patient and out-patient population.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Under supervision of the physical therapist, physical therapist assistant administers active, passive, and resistive therapeutic exercises; gives gait and other muscle training exercises in order to improve coordination and mobility; hydrotherapy treatments including wound care, dressings, debridement, performs massage, soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization; applies modality treatments of cryotherapy, ultrasound, traction, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, ultraviolet.
• Educates patients and families regarding home exercise programs and safety with functional activities; application of orthotics and prosthetics and educating patient in proper use and care; educates patients in proper technique for bed mobility, transfers, ambulation, sitting and standing balance, use of assistive devices for ambulation; observation of patient response and progress in treatment.
• Completes appropriate daily documentation in the medical record regarding patient's response to treatment and progress; participates in interdisciplinary conferences; assists in maintaining the environment of care; provides in-service education on body mechanics to staff and other topics as required.
RCRMC-Medical Center Salary:
$16.38 - $27.91 Hourly$2,839.88 - $4,838.05 Monthly$34,078.51 - $58,056.54 Annually
Knowledge of: The principles and methods of physical therapy and the roles of the Physical Therapist and the Physical Therapist Assistant as they relate to improving the functional independence of the patient; neuromuscular function and dysfunction, kinesiology, and of the modalities; the objectives of physical therapy treatment; operation of therapeutic equipment including ultraviolet, ultrasound, traction, hydrotherapy, electrical stimulation, soft tissue and joint mobilization techniques, safety techniques for functional activities, indications and contraindications for various treatment modalities.
License: Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant with the Physical Therapy Board of the State of California
Ability to: Communicate and educate patients, family and staff regarding physical therapy treatments; complete medical record documentation and statistics.
Work Performance Measures
• The physical therapist assistant must maintain age specific/diagnosis related competencies, technical skills competencies.
• Works independently and seeks out additional responsibilities beyond the normal scope of the job.
• Works to improve customer service.
• Maintains flexibility in coping with a high volume of patients.
Read this posting for special application instructions. Unless otherwise stated, use our resume builder to submit your resume, or select 'Apply' on this page. For specific questions regarding this position, contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] at 951/486-5535.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a criminal background investigation, including fingerprinting. (A felony or misdemeanor conviction may disqualify the applicant from County employment).
Required Probationary Period - As an Approved Local Merit System, the County of Riverside requires all new regular or seasonal employees to serve an initial probationary period, the duration of which is indicated in the applicable Memorandum of Understanding, County Resolution, or Salary Ordinance. Temporary and Per Diem employees serve at the pleasure of the agency/department head.
The County of Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the County of Riverside to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Women, ethnic and racial minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other non-job-related factor.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS - Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the ADA Amendments Act, and the Fair Employment & Housing Act, persons with disabilities who believe they need reasonable accommodation, or help in order to apply for a position, may contact the Disability Access Office at (951) 955-5663.
Hearing impaired applicants with telephone teletype equipment may leave messages by calling (951) 955-8688. The County will attempt to meet reasonable accommodation requests whenever possible.