Other Great Industries
Strategy - Planning
4 Year Degree
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time.
Senior Statistical Data Analyst
We are looking for a lead data scientist, who has an intense curiosity and the desire to go beneath the surface of a problem, find the questions at its heart, and distill them into a very clear set of hypothesis that can be tested. The primary business problems that this analyst will focus on will be related to casualty (primarily Injury) claims handling processes. In addition to the analysis challenge, if you enjoy coding, cross-functional interactions (claims corporate, reserving, product, claims field) and storytelling with data, whether verbally, visually, or both, this analyst position in the Casualty Process Control group may be one of the best jobs. As a lead analyst in the team, you will have the freedom to experiment and explore possibilities and will have a strong partnership with corporate claims business leaders.
This senior level position is responsible to prepare business specific analysis by using mathematical concepts and data modeling to identify trends, and prepare recommendations for business solutions. Also responsible for quality and quantity of sound decisions around business processes. The Lead Data Analyst is able to independently work with more than one business group and the top stakeholders in the business units and matches data from multiple sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's or Masters degree with an emphasis in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance or other related analytical area.
• Five years business experience with two years prior analysis experience.
• Master's degree in lieu of experience.
• Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge.
• Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros.
• Database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format.
• Highly proficient in SAS and SQL programming skills (experience with other programming languages like SPSS, Stata, R, Minitab, etc. are acceptable)
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
• This position is subject to online pre-employment testing for internal and external candidates
• 2 to 5 years in an analysis role, applying knowledge of business process, logic, and data to solve problems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills to define problem and develop intuitive framework to solve the problem.
• Experience to articulate requests and/or analysis output in a simple and clear language
• Experience in developing business/program logic, SQL/DB2 queries, SAS, Excel and VBA
• Strong Team Working Abilities
• Gainshare bonus of up to 30% of salary (Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability)
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
• Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
• Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
• 401(k) with a 6% company match
• Flexible shifts, casual dress, and great corporate culture
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee discounts
• Child care subsidy
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test. Candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer.