Healthcare - Health Services
Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years.
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical companies have relied on our solutions for over 30 years. Truven Health Analytics combines deep clinical, financial and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better, collaborating with customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. Truven Health Analytics employs approximately 2,200 people worldwide and has principal offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago and Denver. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT.
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TEXAS
Responsible for design, application, and interpretation of comprehensive analysis. Serve as a team leader and an analytic member of project teams to deliver quality products and services to Truven clients. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize the project team, work with project team to define production steps, define testing plans, and prepare a work schedule; track and communicate status to manager.
- Provide on-site and/or telephone support (e.g., client inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting assistance, miscellaneous research, advice on analytic methods) and training to client end users.
- Clarify scope and design issues, communicate status and results, develop appropriate deliverable documentation, ensure that training is provided.
- Define problems and recommend appropriate solutions taking into account the project budget, the sophistication of the user and the intended use of project results.
- Operate independently with clients.
- Design an analytic project with an accurate estimate of effort in a project plan.
Examples of responsibilities:
• Perform risk analysis.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of a disease management program.
- Demonstrate ability to use analytic findings to make appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and present effective, polished presentations to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics or related field.
- 3-5 years healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience through written or verbal communications.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Experience in applying health analysis methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients’ needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.