Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
The Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer works within the Infrastructure to provide daily administration and management of local and remote LAN, WLAN, WAN and security systems on a mix of hardware platforms (predominantly Cisco and HP). The team also supports business applications such as user and B2B VPN for Client and its customers.
Principal Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities:
• Assist in the architecture, implementation, documentation and support of Client and customers’ systems
• Provide second-level support of issues
• Protection and management of physical and information assets
• Assist in the implementation of enterprise disaster recovery plans
• Architect, install, and configure hardware and OS according to existing standards and customer requirements as well as the development of configuration templates and best practices.
• Create network designs and work with vendors to produce accurate BOM’s.
• Procure equipment to fulfill design requirements.
• Work with agency staff to install equipment and provision WAN circuits.
• Install and configure additional applications as defined by customer SOW
• Maintain and verify documentation
• Maintain security
• Respond promptly to resolve issues reported through ticketing system
• Limited phone support of end-users
• On call rotation with other team members for 7x24 production systems support.
• Comply with policies, practices and procedures
• Anticipate, recognize and respond to needs of customers
• Maintain positive customer relationships
• Resolve technical issues within Service Level Agreements
• Support implementation of customer initiatives
• Maintain technical expertise
• Provide project status updates
Requirements and Qualifications:
• College degree
• Technical Certification: Cisco
• 7+ years experience in an enterprise IT environment that includes hand-on administration, support and implementation of networked server systems (Windows and Linux) in a mid-sized shop (~100 Cisco devices).
• Minimum 3 years experience supporting high-availability environments
• Proven Troubleshooting Ability
• Use and apply Packet trace and network analyzer tools (Sniffer/ wireshark/ etherpeek /solar winds)
• IP Addressing and CIDR subnetting
o Physical infrastructure (cable and fiber)
o Windows Networking
• MS Office automation tools: Visio, Outlook, Excel
• Above Average Written communication
• Above Average Verbal communication
• Cooperative spirit
• Dealing with Cisco TAC , various tech support institutions and ISPs
Equipment - Direct experience architecting, installing configuring, supporting and maintaining the following Cisco technologies and equipment:
L3 switching on 6500 with FWSM/ASA and dual-supervisor modules (SSO, NSF high availability configuration)
Security/VPN: PIX/ASA v8.3 + code in multi-context mode
3000 Series Concentrator supporting Site-to-Site tunnels and IP/SEC ruVPN
L2 switching using 3500, 4500, 6500, N2K, N5K, N7K
Routing with ASR series, 72XX, 39XX, 29XX, using EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and static routes.
HA protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP.
WAN Protocols: MPLS, VPLS, VRF-lite
• Normal business hours with occasional extended hours as needed for project implementation or customer support
• On call rotation – 2 weeks on, 6 weeks off.
• Lifting of server/network equipment
• Flexibility necessary to install cabling required for servers and network.
If interested, please reply with your resume and contract hourly rate to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]