Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
At Florida Hospital our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of Florida Hospital.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel (FHWC) is now open with 83 inpatient beds, expanding to a capacity of 291. FHWC has the very latest technology and ancillary health care services to provide excellent quality of care to the people of Wesley Chapel and surrounding communities. FHWC is a Christian, not-for-profit institution and part of the Adventist Health System (AHS), the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care system in the United States. Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is delivering compassionate and whole-person care that includes healing of the body, mind and spirit.
Join Our Inaugural Team
FHWC is an outstanding place to build your healthcare career. Whether you are in Allied Health and Research, Support Services, Professional Services or Nursing, and Clinical Support, you will learn and grow in our supportive environment while impacting the lives of patients and communities we serve. When you join FHWC, you are joining a team that is committed to providing the highest quality of innovative healthcare.
Reporting to the Med Surg Director, the RN is a registered professional nurse who provides and manages individualized, goal‑directed nursing care through use of the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) and the principles of primary nursing to achieve the goals of the nursing department. The RN adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. All duties are performed in accordance with established departmental and Hospital policies and procedures. The RN actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of Florida Hospital.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required, bachelor’s preferred.
- EKG interpretation training preferred.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years acute care experience in a hospital setting required.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of computerized documentation preferred.
- Valid Florida RN license required.
- BLS certification required (based on patient population).
- ACLS certification prefered (based on patient population).
- EKG certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant area of nursing practice with a concentration in acute care.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to remain calm and focused during in highly stressful and/or emotionally charged situations.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill with a strong customer and patient focus.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented.
- Basic hands-on computer knowledge and MSOffice applications (Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of Cerner preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and potential supervisory/managerial competency.
- Evidence of this includes, but is not limited to, effective communication skills, ability to deal well with people, ability to problem solve, ability to confront/resolve issues, ability to coach and motivate others, ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. a third or more of the time.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is a Nicotine Free and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEOC).