In operations, we literally do it all…in-house. We are looking for skilled, energetic individuals who want to join our quality, international shipping, manufacturing, office services, planning, purchasing, receiving, returns and warehouse teams. These associates do everything from delivering packages and purchasing supplies to assembling aviation panel mounts and ensuring our large shipments of goods are exported according to applicable international laws. Together, they proactively support associates and customers alike. If you’re ready to work – and have fun, too – come, help us put the pieces together!
Are you an expert in International Trade compliance? Do you have a flair for ensuring regulatory compliance in managing exports and imports? Garmin's International Trade Compliance team is looking for you. We're seeking a Senior International Trade Compliance Coordinator at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS.
Garmin's Senior International Trade Compliance Coordinator leads the development and implementation of policies and procedures compliant with import, export and supply chain security and drives process improvements supporting ITC activities. This includes the development and preparation of detailed project plans from concept to completion and effectively communicating progress to management.
Key responsibilities also include leading ITC initiatives globally, leading and organizing the ITC team’s daily activities and representing the ITC department in cross functional initiatives.
Othere key essential functions include:
- Lead projects on regulatory compliance, system enhancements and suggest potential solutions
- Lead teams on planning and executing projects with little to no direction from management.
- Drive regular and periodic compliance reviews and assessments (internal & external) of corporate import, export and supply chain security activities
- Lead the development, documentation, and implementation of import, export controls and supply chain security, training globally
- Drive the design of tools and performance reports to provide awareness and measure. Effectiveness of import, export controls and supply chain security compliance
- Effectively utilize tools and performance reports to provide reports on the effectiveness of import, export controls and supply chain security compliance programs
- Provide oversight on the global DPL screening and tier 2 and 3 denied party list resolutions
- Provide oversight on the import and export classifications, insuring compliance
Due to the amount of resources and expense exhausted in training for this position, a minimum of one year from the start of this position will be required before an associate is eligible for a job transfer.
Qualified candidates will possess a Masters Degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field AND a minimum of 6 years experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description OR a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering AND a minimum of 8 years experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
A Proven track record in project management with a demonstrated ability to develop, plan, document, and independently drive complex projects to successful conclusions plus demonstrated leadership and team building skills are required.
Other key requirements for this role include:
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, and Excel), and basic knowledge of Access.
- Demonstrated effective and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment to effectively meet deadlines
- Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and possess the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work on exceedingly complex problems and provides solutions
Candidates with a Juris Doctor degree or U.S. Customs broker license are preferred. If you’re a certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer, that’s a major plus!
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer company-paid dental insurance, stock options, a 401k plan, a pension plan….trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.