Commensurate With Experience
Banking - Financial Services
Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
CASHNet, a product line of Higher One, has an opening for an Implementation Specialist. This position will be part of a team that is responsible for implementing the CASHNet Payment Suite at higher education institutions in the US.
Candidates should have an outgoing professional personality, demonstrated excellent communication skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Play lead role in setup and testing of CASHNet Payment Suite at customer locations.
- Play an active role in the “go-live” operation for remote installations.
- Assist with onsite customer setup and training classes (up to 25% travel).
- Learn customer business processes and recommend best practices.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain all project documentation.
About the Company
Focused exclusively on higher education, Higher One provides refund and payment management services to higher education institutions, and banking services to members of their community through a card based solution. Our Oakland office is in a professional office park near the Oakland Airport with only a five minute drive to Alameda.
Working at Higher One
Higher One is not your typical financial services company. Our environment is open – we do not have offices – not even for upper management. We typically work in casual attire, and while our focus on excellence is anything but casual, we know how to have fun, too. Teams have been known to plan surprise nerf gun attacks on other departments. We work hard – and we have fun while we do it.
- Experience with installation and troubleshooting software applications
- Experience with internet technologies including HTML, XML, file transfer protocol (FTP), etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Outgoing professional personality with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must have worked in a customer centric service environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, computer science or related area or exceptional relevant work experience.
Desired Skills (optional):
- Experience with online payment systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
- Familiarity with the organization and structure of college and university ERP and operations.
- Familiarity with higher education ERP such as PeopleSoft, Blackboard, CBORD, Datatel, SunGard, or Jenzabar.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Free use of on-site fitness facility
- Fun events