The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works autonomously but in collaboration with physicians to deliver primary medical care and intraepisodic care for hospice patients. The NP provides advanced practice nursing services through palliation and management of the terminal condition, and developing treatment plans for patients at home and possible other settings which may include: general inpatient units, hospitals, assisted living, independent living, senior housing, and skilled nursing facilities. Work closely with health care agencies to coordinate medical care. Approach all patients and referral sources with a customer service attitude.
1. Current and unencumbered license as a Nurse Practitioner in the state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
2. Must meet the training, education and experience requirements to be authorized to practice as a nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided including, without limitation, being certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a recognized national certifying body that has established standards for nurse practitioners.
3. Must have the authority to practice as a nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided.
4. Must have the authority to prescribe as a nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided.
5. Must have obtained Medicare billing privileges as a nurse practitioner.
6. Must meet physician-nurse practitioner restrictive collaborative requirements specific to state assigned to work by the Company and supply a copy of all active collaborating physician agreements and indicate whether these will be transferable to your employment with Amedisys.
7. Must have insurance required by state law for nurse practitioners to practice [and prescribe] in the state where services are provided, or be eligible for such insurance requirements to be satisfied by group coverage with an employer
8. Previous experience in geriatric primary care preferred.
9. Previous experience and education in palliative care preferred.
10. Knowledge of Medicare reimbursement and coding for all levels of service – home, office, nursing home, assisted living, etc., Medicaid and other regulatory requirements.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills, experienced working in a collaborative care team environment and functioning autonomously with minimal supervision.
12. Current CPR certification.
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
14. Familiarity with Electronic Medical Record.
15. Knowledge of and experience with caring for the geriatric patient.
16. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.