At least 5 year(s)
We are looking for a Sr. MEMS Packaging Engineer at Maxim. Someone who will develop new packaging concepts, develop models and drive material selection for next generation sensor devices. If this sounds like you please apply today!!
- Work with BU to define package/product performance specification, cost estimation, reliability requirement
- Participate with cross functional team members in brainstorming innovative package designs
- Work with manufacturing teams to develop FMEA and to ensure manufacturability
- Develop FE models in order to evaluate new package concepts
- Maintain a database of material properties used at packaging subcontractors
- Conduct FEA studies to trouble shoot device performance issues related to package performance
- Identify package performance gaps (e.g., optical, mechanical, electrical, thermal, cost, manufacturability and reliability). Identify alternative solutions and execute the plan accordingly (with design, materials, process change)
- Work with manufacturing teams and suppliers to conduct DOEs; using these results refine and validate FEA models
- Work with suppliers to develop new materials
- Stay current with packaging process development in the industry, universities and research centers.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking in package designs and materials.
- Design-for-manufacturability and design-for-reliability.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and subcontractors.
- Must be able to work across functional boundaries to gather information needed to understand problems, ability to leverage teams and motivate a team environment.
- Ability to apply Design of Experiment and ability to analyze data and draw decisions.
Chandler, AZ and/or Sunnyvale, CA
- Ph. D. in mechanical engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience with package modeling for MEMS devices such as Accelerometers, Gyroscopes and pressure sensors.
- Thorough experience in MEMS characterization, simulation and packaging design rules and process
- Knowledge of packaging material properties and stress impact on device performance
- Expert Ansys and Solidworks user
- Strong engineering fundamentals and statistical skills
- Organize information and data that can be used to draw effective engineering decisions
- Highly organized, excellent problem solver, effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective Innovator
- At least 5 years of industrial experience Maxim is an EEO/AA Employer