Internet - ECommerce
Experience: 6 - 9 years
Oracle Production/Project Support DBA
CCCi has an opportunity for an Oracle Production/Project Support DBA to join our energy client in Charlotte, NC.
Oracle Production/Project Support DBA Responsibilities:
- Member of a team supporting ~700 10g, 11g, and 11gR2 Oracle Database Systems on enterprise and dedicated UNIX (AIX 6.1).
- Day to day will be production support, project work, change requests, performance tuning, back-upecovery.
- Troubleshoot, tune, maintain and monitor Oracle databases, products and services; including, but not limited to: storage management, DB performance tuning, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance.
- Effectively communicate to teammates, internal operations peers as well as external application and business customers.
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Ensure standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, and adherence to formal processes, minimum security baseline, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Effectively utilize software (i.e. BMC Remedy ARS) to initiate, receive, track, and document incident and change requests.
- Participate in 24 X 7 'On-call' support rotation for Oracle database systems, products and services.
Oracle Production/Project Support DBA Required Qualifications:
- Some experience supporting Oracle Golden Gate.
- Proven Oracle Database Administration experience in production and development environments (6+ years) including installing, patching, and upgrading Oracle Databases.
- Strong hands-on experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service and optimum storage capability including: query optimization, initialization parameters, etc.
- Experience in managing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Oracle 11gR2 standby databases.
- Experience with supporting, troubleshooting and tuning single and multi-instance Oracle 11gR2 RAC databases on AIX and Linux.
- Experience in supporting Oracle 11gR2 Clusterware and ASM on AIX and Linux.
- No 3rd Parties
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a comprehensive background check including, but not limited to Criminal Background, Drug Screen, and Reference Checks
- Sponsorship is not being offered at this time
Oracle, ASM, AIX, Linux, BMC Remedy, ARS, Unix