URS Corporation is seeking an experienced Electrical supervisor with the necessary technical and leadership skills to establish and mange a High Voltage Substation group in the Charlotte, NC office.
Management responsibilities include:
• Assists in the business development of HV Substation and Transmission Line projects, manages a group of engineers and designers in the execution of related projects and functions as Project Engineer on selected projects.
Engineering responsibilities include:
• Engineering and design of high voltage substations and Transmission lines, Power system protective relaying and controls, selection and application of substation equipment, and preparation of One Line and Three line drawings, substation layouts, control schematics, preparation of design calculations such as load flow, short circuit, bus support loading, grounding, and lightning protection. Work includes field support for high voltage construction
Level Specific Responsibilities:
• Advanced level of knowledge in HV Substation and Transmission line engineering and design and a strong understanding of the interface requirements among disciplines and other functions.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope in the HV Substation and transmission Line area.
• Advanced knowledge of business development concepts and methods and leads the project proposal process.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to HV Substation and Transmission Line work. .
• Fully comprehends external factors that impact engineering problems.
• Has advanced knowledge and leads the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on budget limitations.
• Has mastered and can lead all aspects of estimating for the Substation and Transmission Line group.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of HV Substation and Transmission Line material costs and has an advanced level of understanding of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands and leads the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks on related projects.
Fully versed in the project change control process, can train others and can identify potential changes.
• Responsible for performance management and mentoring.
• Provides assistance to projects to address technical issues related to process improvement.
• Develops training programs within area of technical expertise and conducts training sessions.
• Creates and maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Creates and maintains productive relationships with organizations both within and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the first step towards the BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.
Other duties as required
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a four year accredited college or university
• Professional Engineering License required
• Minimum 15 years of electrical engineering experience in power systems and heavy industrial facilities, with 5 years supervisor experience of medium size (5-10) group including engineers, designers, etc.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in engineering and design of one line diagrams and physical layouts for Electric Utility High Voltage (115 kV - 345 kV) Substations or Generating Station Switchyards in an EPC environment
• Experience in the application of NESC requirements to HV Substation design required
• Field experience in High Voltage substation Construction required
• Experience in electric power system calculations including protective relaying and related computer program applications required
• Experience in the engineering, design and leadership of high voltage transmission line projects required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test