Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
Real Estate - Property Mgt
Fashion - Apparel - Textile
Admin - Clerical
Position: Leasing Services Coordinator
Taubman creates extraordinary retail environments for shoppers, retailers, communities and investors. Our portfolio of United States regional malls, located in major markets from coast to coast, is the most productive in the nation. Through our Taubman Asia subsidiary, we are extending the company’s surpassed retail real estate expertise to international markets.
At Taubman, we’re not just creating extraordinary environments, we’re creating extraordinary careers. We’ve been recognized by The Detroit Free Press as a top work place and as one of Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 best and brightest companies to work for!
We have an exciting opportunity at our corporate office in Bloomfield Hills, MI as a Leasing Services Coordinator in the Leasing Services department.
The Leasing Services Coordinator will…
Assist the Leasing Agents, Leasing Managers and/or VPs in preparing documentation for deals and provide team support to the Leasing Services Department with guidance. Perform all processes and procedures with accountability, responsibility, and competency.
- Perform standard duties with a high degree of accountability, accuracy, professionalism and basic knowledge of all administrative procedures relevant to the leasing process. Also, the assistant shows initiative and accountability while completing all procedural tasks on behalf of the Agent, Manager or VP.
- Contribute to the leasing effort by enabling the Leasing Agents, Managers or VPs to become more productive.
- Responsible for follow-up with the appropriate person and/or department regarding deal status in the LeaseFlow database.
- Follow direction from the agent (and research when necessary) to prepare documentation (Confirmation of Business Terms) that is sent to the tenant and to our attorneys (Lease Request) to prepare the tenant lease.
- Work as part of the Leasing Services team, providing back-up support to other assistants during heavy workload cycles, department projects, and supports Agents, Managers and VPs in the absence of their regular assistant.
- Responsible for entering accurate account data, deal data, tenant meeting notes, logs and agendas into the LeaseFlow database system.
- Assist VPs and/or Managers by preparing expense reports, preparing materials for tenant meetings, replacing and updating Lease Plans and report materials into binders, scheduling meetings, compiling itineraries, and coordinating travel.
- Run Dun & Bradstreet and Hoovers reports to get information on tenants and search appropriate State websites to obtain articles of incorporation.
- Participate in team preparation for ICSC and other Leasing Department events.
- Need to be flexible and willing to assist other team members in times of need.
The ideal candidate must have…
- Working knowledge of the LeaseFlow system (training is provided) that includes data entry, running reports, understanding the WorkFlow and to access lease profile information from the CM system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, or other similar programs
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly and adapt to new procedures
- Organize and prioritize workload for efficiency and urgency with a high level of attention to detail, good decision making and completes routine tasks independently as well as taking direction
- Ability to communicate effectively in a straightforward and honest manner, while maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude with all co-workers and tenants
- Ability to multitask and function effectively in a busy environment, while working on several projects with different people concurrently
- Must have a high level of attention to detail, be able to organize and prioritize daily work for more than one agent and be able to perform on team projects
- Must be able to receive direction and make decisions and follow-up independently
- Experience using all standard office equipment such as multi-line phones, fax machines, copiers, printers, PCs, etc.
Requirements for this position are…
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a leasing environment is preferred
- Previous experience in a sales support role is preferred
- Previous experience in a corporate setting is preferred
- High School Diploma is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is a plus
We take pride in providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits such as employer matching 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance, lunch program, generous paid time off and more!
If you're interested in applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete an application on our website at www.taubman.com.