Test Engineer - Bloomfield, CT
Develops and executes testing methods via fixture and rig designs to support customer qualification testing and new product development. Manages short and long term projects within designated budgets and timelines.
1. Designs simple and complex test fixtures for bearings, flexible couplings, and other products that isolate intended variables to ensure accurate data output per test plan requirements.
2. Performs stress analysis such as, but not limited to: pin bending, deflection, stiffness, etc. to ensure accuracy and longevity of test fixtures and rigs.
3. Creates and maintains accurate 3D CAD NX models of all test rigs and complex fixtures.
4. Works with outside engineering firms and vendors to develop test rig requirements, designs, data acquisition capabilities, and environmental controls. Evaluates test rig designs based on performance and cost and presents them within a preliminary and critical design review setting
5. Programs, wires, installs and runs data acquisition software such as DASYLAB, and MTS software.
6. Writes test reports including summaries, photo documentation, schematics, and free body diagrams of test set ups and maintains an accurate test results log including setups and procedures.
7. Responsible for training and maintaining skill levels of test engineers and technicians relative to new test rigs and DAQ software.
8. Provides ongoing support of existing test rigs including the development of any required maintenance schedules, gage calibration schedules, software upgrades, repairs, etc.
9. Performs all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Follows work procedures.
10. Reads and understands test plans and requirements for testing and provides feedback to Applications Engineers or customers, as required.
11. Maintains clean and safe work environment. Follows safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Reports safety incidents to supervisor.
12. Makes recommendations for improvements to work processes, procedures, accuracy and efficiency of tests. Contributes to 5 S programs in work area.
13. Provides a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contributes to positive teamwork environment.
14. Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education BS degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Metallurgy/Electrical, MS degree preferred.
Experience -- 8+ years experience with Engineering Test Development Labs. Aerospace industry environment is preferred. Experience with test control and data acquisition software and 3D CAD modeling and drafting
Knowledge Essential to the Position: DASYLAB Software, NX CAD, Knowledge of test methods, test hardware, test control and data acquisition software, electrical work, hydraulic actuators, instrumentation, and measurement devices.
Apply now for immediate consideration!