At URS, we have a lot of incredible projects going on. But the most impressive is our total business success. We’re already a recognized leader in the engineering, architectural, planning and construction management services. As the scope of our projects expands and diversifies, the opportunity for you to be challenged and develop will also continue to grow. If you’d like to work at the top of the industry, consider our opening for Environmental Engineer.
The URS Germantown Office is looking for an Environmental Engineer to support the GeoEnvironmental and Remediation Services Group. The candidate will assist with site assessment and remediation project work at various sites located throughout the mid-Atlantic and California. Candidate will assist in the preparation and submittal of technical documents including site assessment work plans, feasibility studies, groundwater monitoring reports, site conceptual models, site assessment reports, pilot test reports, remedial system operation and maintenance reports, and closure requests for senior technical review. Site assessment work includes regulatory permitting, soil sample collection, groundwater monitoring well construction and sampling, soil vapor probe installation and sampling, and associated reporting. The candidate may assist with permitting and construction of various types of remediation systems including soil vapor extraction, air-sparing, ozone injection, bio-venting, dual phase extraction, and in situ chemical oxidation. Remediation work includes regulatory permitting, compliance sampling, remedial system performance, evaluation and optimization, mass removal calculations, radius of influence calculations, and associated reporting. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com
and refer to Requisition # IE71874.
• BS degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical Engineering or other related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of environmental engineering work experience.
• Professional Engineer (PE) credential required.
• Candidate must be familiar with Federal and State environmental regulations.
• Must have environmental compliance and remediation experience. This would include, for example, soil, and groundwater monitoring and characterization; Phase I, II, and III studies, site assessments, remedial design and implementation; permitting, inspection, and audits; remedial investigations and site closures. Other relevant experience would include knowledge of groundwater pump and treat systems, soil vapor extraction systems dual phase extraction systems, in-situ chemical oxidation, and soil excavations. Multidisciplinary experience including scoping, cost estimating, scheduling, specifications writing, and subsurface fate and transport modeling are important.
• Must have 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and 8-hour OSHA Supervisor training.
• Candidate must demonstrate high proficiency skills using computer software. In addition to Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook), candidate should also be familiar with scheduling software and AutoCAD.
• Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in written form; candidates will be asked to provide an example of their technical writing for evaluation.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate that he/she has the ability to work both independently or on a team on multiple assignments.
• Travel is required.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.