Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Junior Accountant will assist in the daily operations of the Accounting Department and assist with general property accounting including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and doing account and bank reconciliations. The Junior Accountant will assist with monthly closings, check deposits, account analysis, accounts payable and supporting the Director of Accounting in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare account/bank reconciliations
- Assist with accounts payable
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Administrative duties i.e. filing, organizing, etc.