1 Prairie Meadows Dr.
Altoona, IA 50009
Restaurant - Food Service
Hospitality - Hotel
Prairie Meadows is looking for top talent for the following positions:
BAKER -Full & Part Time $12.40/hour
- Duties: Preparation of all bakes goods. Setting up trays for meetings and banquets, plating up desserts for restaurant and banquets. Responsible for quality of food presentation. Previous baking experience is essential.
- Requirements: Long periods of standing and walking, subject to hot equipment, hot oil and sharp objects. Exposure to wet floors, Lifting up to 50 pounds. Pushing carts of dishes up to 150 pounds. Ability to work weekends, holidays and varied hours.
COCKTAIL SERVER - Part Time $8.90/hour
- Duties: Provide non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and sell alcoholic beverages to guest that request them. Follows all proper procedures for serving alcoholic drinks including the "Zero Tolerance" and all proper state and federal regulations. Collects proper payment for beverages and makes change accurately. May assist in mixing various beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Operate & maintain a cappuccino machine. Learn & sell the types of specialty coffees & related food items.
- Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to work varied hours including weekends and holidays. One year of bartending, waiting tables, or cocktail serving preferred. Must have excellent customer service and math skills.
BANQUET HOUSEPERSON -Part Time $11.40/hour
- Duties: Responsible for the timely set-up, breakdown, and care of all banquet furniture and event related equipment. Read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO) for the purposes of planning equipment and furniture needs for events. Set-up and take down tables, chairs, staging, and equipment for events. Set-up and take down of dance floor, pipe & draping, plotter signs & banners. Open and close moveable wall particians.
- Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Previous banquet set up experience preferred. Ability to follow oral & written instructions as well as read & comprehend a set-up diagram. Excellent customer service and people skills relating to both internal and external guests. Long periods of standing, walking and moving equipment. Must be able to routinely stand, reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift items up to 100 pounds. Able to push/pull up to 150 pounds. Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and varied hours. May require working from a scissor lift. Smoking environment.
BANQUET LEAD HOUSEPERSON -Full Time $12.40/hour
- Duties: Responsible for executing the room & equipment setup/teardown ensuring contract specifications are met. Responsible for the maintenance of banquet equipment & cleanliness of storage areas. Assist in training, mentoring & leading the work of Banquet housepersons. Acts as a resource for Banquet setup team when addressing service/guest issues. Assist, as needed, with AV equipment – setup & general troubleshooting. Read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO) for the purposes of planning equipment and furniture needs for events. Inspects the rooms for assigned functions, ensuring setup conforms with the BEO. Assist the Hotel & Conference Operations department with quarterly mattress flips, vending restock, and bulk trash removal.
- Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Previous banquet set up or related Food & Beverage experience required. Ability to follow oral & written instructions as well as read & comprehend a set-up diagram/BEO. Excellent customer service and people skills. Must have strong organizational, multi-tasking & team leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with persons of diverse backgrounds. Ability to acquire working knowledge of AV equipment for setup & troubleshooting. Long periods of standing, walking and moving equipment. Must be able to routinely stand, reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift/push/pull items up to 150 pounds. May require working from a scissor lift. Smoking environment.
PARKING ATTENDANT– Full Time $11.40/hour plus Tips
- Duties: Responsibilities include maintaining the parking lot, directing traffic, transporting guests to and from their vehicles, providing parking directions to guests and tour buses, and assisting guests with minor vehicle problems.
- Requirements: Must have valid driver's license and a good driving record as well as the ability to operate both standard and automatic transmission vehicles. Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills and be willing to work in an outside environment. Must have a Class D. Chauffeur's License (Class D Chauffeur’s license must be obtained within 14 days of employment). Must have a safe driving record and must be able to meet company insurance requirements. Must be able to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
LINE COOK– Full Time $12.40/hour
- Duties: Preparation and production of food items on hot line. Daily use of broiler, fryers, flat top, salamander, sauté station, steamer, and ovens. Responsible for setup, cleaning, sanitation and closing of workstation and area.
- Requirements: Previous experience strongly preferred. Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment necessary. Must have ability to operate kitchen equipment safely such as fryers, knives, choppers, slicers, etc. Knowledge of proper sanitation techniques essential. Lift, push & pull up to 50 pounds.
CAGE CASHIER– Full Time $12.40/hour
- Duties: Responsible for maintaining the assigned cashier drawer with an acceptable level of coins, chips and cash, to ensure the highest guest service level is being met. Provide cashier services of the highest quality to the guests of Prairie Meadows. Perform, but not limited to, the following functions: Check cashing, sell/redeem tokens and chips, process slot jackpots/fills, process table game jackpots, process poker tournament paperwork and balance cash drawers.
- Requirements: Must be able to maneuver through all areas of the casino. Must be able to lift, carry and/or push up to 26lbs. and be able to stoop, bend, reach, twist and grip objects, kneel, crawl, have good finger movement, and be able to differentiate colors. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in small confined areas. High school diploma or equivalent. Cash handling experience required. Strong knowledge of 10-key by touch is essential. Excellent guest service skills required. Must have excellent attention to detail. Must be able to count money accurately.
WAITRON– Part Time $8.90/hour plus Tips
- Duties: Takes orders and serves food and beverage in a timely manner. Maintain a neat and clean atmosphere. Assists Server Assistants in setting up station in dining area with service items and condiments. Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu or buffet items available.
- Requirements: Previous waitron experience helpful. Excellent people skills. Long periods of standing and walking. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and push carts up to 150 lbs. Ability to work weekends, holidays and varied hours.
TABLE GAMES DEALER– Part Time $7.60 plus Tips (Average Tips $10-$12/hour)
- Duties: Providing prompt, accurate, and courteous dealing service to players in accordance with standard procedures and for maintaining the integrity of the game, as well as for explaining aspects of the game to players unfamiliar with the game. Processes all cash and maintains proper handling and accounting for assigned property items. May perform service for multiple games, depending upon training and acquired proficiency. Requires finger dexterity to be able to shuffle and deal cards. Ability to identify cards and pay/collect bets. Must pass quarterly audits for accuracy, speed, and game pace set by the department.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Ability to perform basic math functions. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to stand and walk for an entire 8-hour shift. Environment is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise, and smoke. Ability to push, pull or lift up to 10 lbs. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and varied hours. Note: Must attend Training School and pass audition before a job offer will be extended
DATABASE ANALYST– Full Time
- Duties: Responsible for the installation, fine-tuning and maintenance of MS SQL. Develop and maintain Internet/Intranet using PHP. Provide distinct environments for production, testing and development of Intranet and Extranet systems, as well as programming/scripting development and support for each. Automate manual tasks. Installation, maintenance, fine-tuning, backup and support of MSSQL databases. Develop solutions using PHP, CSS, XHTML, AJAX.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR– Full Time
- Duties: Under general supervision, responsible for supervising activities/functions for a shift in the main kitchen. Ensure that all food is consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards. Prepare kitchen work area for daily operation. Ensures proper setups for buffets, banquets & other events. Recommends employment and termination actions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate. Updates the shift log & additional documentation on a daily basis. Determines duties/assignments as well as breaks for the shift. Coordinates & conducts the department training program for all new kitchen employees. Ensures storeroom is kept in clean & orderly fashion. Checks inventories for proper storage & rotation of food items. Ensures proper levels of inventory are maintained and stocked. Reviews BEOs for the day & executes plan with kitchen management to meet event requirements. Control food costs and usage. Maintain all food service areas (kitchens, dish areas, storage areas, etc.) to state department of health codes and regulations. Assists Management team in preparing menus as needed. Assists with completing inventories and transferring total usage of product on a monthly basis.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent with 5 or more years experience in food service. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience in large full service, high volume kitchen & with banqueting events preferred. Experience with collective bargaining environment preferred. Excellent dietary, cooking, supervisory, and customer service skills essential. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with persons of diverse backgrounds. Knowledge of Iowa Department of Health regulations is required. Serv Safe certification required. Knowledge of Word & Excel. Strong attention to detail & multi-tasking skills. Ability to work in fast paced & high pressure environment. Knowledge of labor management & inventory control. Long periods of standing and walking. Subject to hot equipment, hot oil,sharp objects & wet floors. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and push carts of dishes up to 150 pounds in moving and stocking inventory.
Check out the following seasonal positions:
Concessionaire $11.40 / hour plus Tips
Dish Machine Operator $11.40 / hour
Security Officer $12.65 / hour
Racing Attendant $11.40 / hour