Salary with benefits
Healthcare - Health Services
At least 2 year(s)
Do you believe that serving seniors is a calling rather than a job?
Bonaventure Senior Living is currently seeking individuals who share this belief
to join our team as a Regional Registered Nurse Consultant
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled registered nurse with experience working in multi-state, multi-site communities. He or she must have excellent communication and leadership skills as well as the drive to be the best. This position will require extensive travel.
At Bonaventure We Believe
“YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG DOING THE RIGHT THING"
As a result of company growth, we are looking for a Regional Nurse Consultant who possesses a positive, enthusiastic attitude, who enjoys teaching, training and motivating others.
Regional Nurse Consultant Position (RNC) Overview
This exciting new position will assist with the promotion of Bonaventure’s standards and clinical practices to remain in compliance with the rules and regulations for assisted living communities in the Pacific North West. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is committed to the implementation and maintenance of our quality improvement programs to achieve at, or above, standard resident satisfaction ratings. This candidate will adhere to Bonaventure Senior Living policies and procedures, to achieve census and other business goals to ensure that communities operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Participate in the development of, or revision of, materials and training programs for Registered Nurses, Resident Care Coordinators, Med Aides and Caregivers.
- Orient and/or train new Registered Nurses and Resident Care Coordinators and certify their competencies.
- Present approved orientation, materials, in-services and training programs, and training tools to the community staff on an on-going and as-needed basis.
- Provide the clinical training component for new Executive Directors and regional staff as requested.
- Provide instruction on medication administration, CPR and First Aid on an as-needed basis.
- Complete the community Quality Assurance Audits, med room audits, and health file audits as scheduled, and complete follow-ups to make sure that corrective actions have been taken.
- Ensure health care and clinical practices are being carried out according to Bonaventure Senior Living policies and procedures as well as compliance with all state rules and regulations.
- Participate with assigned communities in quality improvement programs focused on clinical and other community practices with demonstrated improvements noted.
- Collaborate with Director of Clinical Services, Regional Director of Operations, and Executive Director to identify need for and implement expense controls for staffing and supply purchases.
- Review Service Plans as scheduled to ensure accurate capture of resident needs.
- Work collaboratively with regional team to develop and implement strategies to ensure each region meets and/or exceeds the company standards for resident satisfaction.
- Keep current on changing state requirements and attend state-required trainings/meetings.
- Maintain clear, direct, informative and positive communication with Director of Clinical Services, Regional Director of Operations, and other regional team members.
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of seniors and a commitment to meet the needs of our residents.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image when representing the organization.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a regional team.
- Ability to trouble shoot identified problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to relate to individuals of varying cultures, ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles necessary to provide competent nursing care including understanding of normal dosage, action and side effects of common medications.
- Ability to assess human responses to actual or potential health problems.
- Ability to utilize the principles of adult teaching and learning.
- Currently licensed or eligible for license as Registered Nurse in state(s) of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
We offer an excellent benefits plan including 90% company contribution to medical coverage after 3 months of employment, 95% contribution after 12 months and 100% contribution after 24 months. We offer dental, flexible spending account, direct deposit, life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, and generous paid time off. In addition we offer education assistance for our team members.
Application Instructions and Diversity Statement
We are a caring, family-run organization that believes in providing an exceptional senior lifestyle through a dedicated and compassionate team, innovative communities and enriched services that promote dignity, choice and independence. If you are committed to these same values, Bonaventure is waiting to hear from you!
To learn more about Bonaventure Senior Living please visit: retirementperfected.com
Bonaventure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment with Bonaventure are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: U.S., Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Colorado, Salem, Portland, Albany, Eugene, Corvallis, Sandy, Gresham, Damascus, Milwaukie, Estacada, Troutdale, Oregon City, Bend, Sisters, Redmond, Prineville, Terrebonne, La Pine, Oregon Coast, Tillamook, Oceanside, Grand Ronde, Pacific City, Neskowin, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Tualatin, Beaverton, Medford, Grants Pass, Ashland, Jacksonville, Central Point, Richland, Pasco, Kennewick, Tri – Cities, Yelm, Tumwater, Roy, Rainier, Spanaway, East Wenatchee, Wenatchee, Eastern Washington, Leavenworth, Cashmere, Quincy, Rock Island, Vancouver, Vancouver, Lacey, Olympia, Tacoma, Bonney Lake, Seattle, Bothell, Kenmore, Kirkland, Woodinville, Lynnwood, Redmond, Port Townsend, Sequim, Port Ludlow, Port Orchard, Bremerton, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Shelley, Blackfoot, Ammon, Boise, Garden City, Meridian, Nampa, Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Carson City, Cold Springs, Lake Tahoe, Billings, Benton County, Yellowstone County, Washoe County, Bonneville County, Marion County, Clark County, Cowlitz County, King County, Thurston County, Clackamas County, Deschutes County, Jefferson County, Clackamas County, Washington County, Yamhill County, Multnomah County, Jackson County, Kitsap County.