Education - Teaching - Administration
The Goddard School® of Katy, an early childhood education center, is currently seeking qualified, caring, and energetic Lead and Assistant Teachers.
The Goddard School® is a renowned program with a Piaget (Learning through Play) based foundation and a leader in the franchised preschool industry which is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. The focus of the program is to provide a life-long love of learning. Our staff is made of loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child’s needs. They are highly qualified childhood educators who are able to use their creativity and the Goddard Developmental Guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way.
Our Lead and Assistant Teachers work together:
- Developing and implementing lesson plans
- Meeting the individual needs of the children including feeding and diapering/potty training
- Participation in staff and training meetings
- Designing an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
- Interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Meeting Goddard Quality Assurance and TX state requirements
- Using and completing assessment tools
Lead Teachers are responsible for ensuring compliance with Goddard's industry-leading Quality Assurance standards. Lead Teachers write and implement their own lesson plans based on Goddard Developmental Guidelines and monthly school themes. Most importantly, they create a positive learning environment in their classroom where children develop a lifelong love of learning!