The Cost Accountant
functions as a business support person to the plant, sales and financial management teams. Responsible for plant level costs and controls including cost models, bill of material (BOM), and margin analysis. Works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results. This is a growing organization in the local market that is looking for an individual with the ability to grow within this role and within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Interact with manufacturing and engineering staff to ensure that BOM are accurately set up and kept up to date.
- Audit BOM's to ensure they are accurately reflect the latest manufacturing practices.
- Work with financial department to implement and apply cost accounting policies.
- Support Controller's efforts for the implementing and maintaining the internal controls.
- Perform AdHoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations and sales teams.
- Prepare KPI analysis and reporting business metrics.
- Assist inventory control with physical inventories, monitor cycle counts, and provide inventory management reporting.
- Timely completion of Price Quotations request for customer account representatives.
- Maintaining item master files with in HFA system.
- Perform related assignments as business requires.
BS/BA in Accounting or Business
2-5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Strong understanding of standard costing, pricing, and product costing.
Must have advanced computer skills in Excel
Must have good written and verbal communication skills