1555 River Rd.
Marietta, PA 17547
Skilled Labor - Trades
At least 2 year(s)
We have a Driver position open in Marietta, PA.
Position Summary - Drives an automated or manual residential truck, commerical front or rear-end load truck, tractor-trailer, or roll off truck to and from customer locations and/or disposal area(s) to provide prompt, courteous and complete waste disposal and/or transfer services for industrial customers.
Representative Responsibilities - Driver:
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives tractor-trailer and/or roll off truck to and from customer locations and/or disposal area(s).
- Operates hydraulic controls to lift/load refuse and/or containers and to dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Operates other waste collection vehicles, as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Must meet Allied Waste Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
Allied Waste is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Allied Waste promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.