$52,000 - $68,000 /Year
Accounting - Finance
4 Year Degree
1 to 3 years
The Mergis Group
rich audit senior, public
The Mergis Group is seeking an experienced Audit Senior for one of the area’s top rated employers, a highly respected public accounting firm. Training is provided through our National Training and Professional Development programs which are specifically designed to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
As a key member of the audit team, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in Manufacturing, Distribution, Not-For-Profit and Benefits Plans and many more industries
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting or related field preferred
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please contact John Meehan.