75 Walz Creek
Danville, IL 61834
Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Purchasing - Procurement
4 Year Degree
At least 3 year(s)
Presta is currently seeking candidates for a Purchasing Manager. This position will support the growth and stability of the organization along with providing professional development opportunities for the successful candidate. A great opportunity to be involved with the development of leading edge automotive technology and global sourcing opportunities.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the position has overall responsibility for the Purchasing Department and all personnel within. This individual is ultimately responsible for sourcing of both direct and indirect materials, as well as the supporting processes and SAP oversight for the purchasing area. This position will work closely with the projects group on new products and existing product modification, as well as the Quality Department on supplier development and the tracking of key supplier measurables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily Management of all personnel assigned to Purchasing Department.
- Conducts initial search for new suppliers for Direct Materials and Indirect Materials (MRO and Capital items)
- Works closely with division HQ in Europe and other international Presta Camshafts sites to standardize purchasing practices.
- Participates in supplier audits, both initial and continuous.
- Conduct negotiations with potential or current suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Purchase products and services in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Review purchasing requisitions in accordance with organizational requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Apply appropriate methods of procurement.
- Review specifications, statements of work, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria.
- Solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs).
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product or service.
- Obtain legal review and approval of a contract when required.
- Resolve complex contract and purchase order differences with suppliers.
- Review purchasing practices to ensure their conformance with established laws.
- Manage files of agreements, equipment records and/or specifications.
- Active member of the TK of North America Purchasing Synergies Group.
- Evaluate and/or manage internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams regarding sourcing decisions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Business or other applicable discipline.
- 3-5 years experience as a Purchasing professional within a manufacturing environment
Experience managing other purchasing professionals is a plus. Willingness and desire to be a “hands-on" manager & team player.
Significant vendor negotiation experience (Domestic and International).