Are you looking for a challenge?
Do you want to contribute to the success of the company?
This position requires strong accounting skills coupled with solid understanding of financial fundamentals and principles. Must possess the ability to interpret policies and establish controls. Will lead company’s efforts to identify opportunities, understand risks through financial analysis and drive for optimal solutions. Must be able to effectively partner across various parts of the organization, and have the ability to explain the business “beyond the accounting numbers". The position is primarily responsible for developing and utilizing systems to capture and report accurate project costs and is required to monitor, research and resolve variances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion the cost accounting process and reporting for all active projects. Review and validate cost updates and impacts. Perform monthly reconciliations, analysis and accrual activities.
- Establish policies and procedures & drive compliance in connection with product costs, inventory valuation, purchase variances, absorption rates etc.
- Support Finance and planning process by providing deep financial and business insights on variances and related cost drivers.
- Partner with Operations and Production Control to develop and improve processes that impact accounting systems.
- Participate in/lead projects where accounting & costing system changes are needed.
- Actively participate in key initiatives as may be required from time to time.