The Mergis Group is seeking an experienced Tax Senior (or Manager) for one of the area’s top rated employers, a highly respected public accounting firm. Training is provided through our National Training and Professional Development programs which are specifically designed to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
As a key member of the tax team, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical
- Provide tax compliance and accounting services to partnerships, corporations, s-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree, Juris Doctor or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services
- Experience preparing and reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, and individual returns
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
For immediate and confidential consideration, please contact John Meehan.