Healthcare - Health Services
At least 1 year(s)
Comfort Keepers, a rapidly growing provider of in-home care for seniors and disabled adults, has an immediate need for CNA's and experienced caregivers with flexible availability, primarily between the hours of 7a and 9p. Assignments are available in all areas
of Mecklenburg County, including the Lake Norman area. We are also hiring in Iredell, Lincoln, Catawba, Rowan, Cabarrus, and Davidson County area.
Must have your own reliable transportation and valid driver's license. Must be willing to work two weekends per month (primarily morning hours) if needed. Health, Dental, and Vision benefits are available for purchase for a minimal fee for all employees that work more than 15 hours per week. Bi-weekly pay.
We conduct extensive background checks, including drug testing. Offers of employment will only be made to those who convey the utmost professionalism and compassion, a clean background, and a true desire to help those in need. Excellent attendance and reliability are crucial.
If you have what it takes to represent one of the best in-home care providers in the area, please apply today at www.comfortkeepers.com/office-185
or apply in person Monday-Friday between 10a and 4p.
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting (including adult briefs), grooming, oral hygiene, ambulation, bathing, and feeding.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be certified in NC
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and submit to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Criminal convictions will prohibit you from being eligible for employment.
- Must be willing to work two weekends per month
- Must have a clean backrgound
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
CB keywords: homecare, home care, nurse, nursing, personal care aide, pca, companion, caregiver, nurses, nursing