COMPETITIVE SALARY (D.O.E.) + BONUS + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Import - Export
Maritime - Shipping
Distribution - Shipping
2 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
EXPORT LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
BILINGUAL EXPORT COORDINATOR - INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
International Trade - International Commerce
OUR CLIENT, A LEADER IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE, IS SEEKING A DYNAMIC LOGISTICS PLANNER & COORDINATOR, WITH PROVEN EXPERTISE IN EXPORT OPERATIONS, AND FLUENCY IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH LANGUAGES.
KEY POSITION, TO ASSUME OWNERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MOVEMENT AND EXPEDITING OF INTERNATIONAL OUTBOUND CARGO TO LATIN AMERICA THROUGH INTERMODAL TRANSPORTATION. THIS INVOLVES THE COORDINATION, PLANNING, SCHEDULING, TRACKING, AND EXPEDITING OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS OF GOODS IN AN EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE, AND TIMELY MANNER.
HIGHLY INTERACTIVE ROLE INVOLVING CUSTOMERS & BROKERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND GOVERNMENT REGULATING ENTITIES. THIS POSITION REPORTS TO SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT.
OFFERS A COMPETITIVE SALARY, BONUS POTENTIAL, AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE.
- Responsible for order management involving Export operations
- Scheduling, tracking, expediting, and shipment coordination of domestic and international orders
- Coordinates efficiencies with Freight Forwarders
- Interacts with Customers and Brokers and works with letters of credit.
- Coordinates inland trucking for outbound deliveries
- Involved in cargo freight claims where applicable
- Schedules export shipments
- Interacts with third party logistics (3PL) where applicable
- Schedules outbound loading
- Generator and receiver of supply orders and work orders
- Coordinates inter-departmentally as it relates to the flow of cargo, products, materials, and information.
- Optimizes and negotiates service rates relating to logistics, and transportation, including freight forwarding and customs brokerage services.
- Consistently uses best practice policies and procedures to coordinate material, communication and workflow along the supply chain.
- Assists in the areas of coordination optimization, development of processes and procedures, and handling of special projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree preferred (International Trade, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or educational equivalent - Applicable work experience is considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of operational experience in worldwide logistics and import / export operations, involving coordination, planning, scheduling, expediting, tracking, etc. to include exposure to freight forwarding, trade compliance, International import / export, customs clearance and regulations, FDA interaction, cargo loading and unloading, inbound and outbound delivery, 3PL, 3PW, drayage and container unloads, freight claims, etc.
- Experience solving issues with materials and equipment logistics for or from international and domestic locations.
- International trade and logistics background highly preferred (international shipments, import / export documentation, letters of credit (L/C's), freight forwarding, INCO terms, classification of merchandise under the Harmonized Tariff System, customs, Latin America, etc.)
- Solid skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Exposure to ERP / MRP Systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Sage, Epicor, Microsoft Dynamics, Abas, Lawson, etc.) preferred
- Deadline oriented, with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Highly focused, pays close attention to detail; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong orientation toward internal and external customer service and customer satisfaction
- A proven record of high-level work ethic demonstrated by energy, self-motivation, efficiency, and effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate across all organization levels
Other key words: Supply Chain, Logistics, Intermodal, Land / Sea / Air, Vessel, Trucking, Truck, Airline, truck, sea, International Trade, Import / Export, International Transport & Cargo, Logistical Planning, Logistics / Shipment Coordination, Customs Clearance, Incoterms, Freight Forwarding, Transportation Management, Drayage, Cargo Consolidation, Warehousing / Storage, Containerization, Export Packing, Materials Management, Pre-shipment Inspection & Testing, IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods) Master Scheduling, Third Party Warehousing (3PW), Demand Evaluation & Planning, Third Party Logistics (3PL), Shipping Services, Cargo Loading and Unloading, Letters of Credit, Inco Terms, Inco-terms, Incoterms, Order Fufillment..
For immediate consideration please forward resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Rice Professional Search
363 N. Sam Houston Pkwy East
Houston, Texas 77060