The Commercial Damage Expert Leader will be a successful, skilled expert in assessing the quantification of financial impacts and economic damages. He / she will evaluate proximate cause and or loss causation assertions including but not limited to: commercial damage, breach of contract, intellectual property, securities, shareholder damage, fiduciary duty, business loss calculations, accountant malpractice, fraudulent conveyance, solvency, investment management, class action, royalty and employment. Ideal candidate will be a skilled expert in the area of damages and intellectual property.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our award winning Financial Advisory Services New York Practice and be a key contributor. If you're looking to work with best practices and handle exciting client service work we welcome you to join our Litigation and Dispute Advisory Team based in New York.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, preference given to candidates with advanced degrees.
- Previous courtroom experience and expert witness a plus
- Skilled professional in damage analysis, economic impact, and assessment
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of all types of damages
- Proven track record of the assessment of proximate cause and mitigation considerations
- Successful track record of supervision of teams, and mentoring others
- Exceptional communication skills: both written and oral
- Must possess the ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices
- Ability to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment
- Will have obtained recognition in professional organizations as an industry thought leader
- Arbitration experience is a plus
- Ph D. in economics is a plus
- The Director of Damages will provide clients with economic and financial expertise on expert witness and privileged consulting engagements, including the preparation of expert report and testimony as needed
- The Director of Damages will be responsible for developing business in a team capacity. This includes but not limited to soliciting, closing, planning, directing, and completing projects and services in Litigation and Dispute Advisory Services
- Building, developing, and managing staff to meet the goals and objectives outlined. The Director will work closely with the Managing Director/ Partner of the New York Practice.
- He/ she will interact at professional industry events and be a visible spokesperson as an Industry Thought Leader.
- Assess matters of damage calculations and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client satisfaction
- Manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
- Write report and communicate findings and calculations using various mediums
- Successfully integrate strategy of the firm with the New York Metro office strategy
- Heighten the McGladrey brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing the McGladrey marketing campaign and programs supported by the firm
- Promote cross selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- Travel as needed
- The successful candidate will have the strongest elements of executive leadership
- A self starter with a 'builder methodology' i.e. 'hands on, action -oriented' leader who leads by example
- Highly respected people leader
- Exceptional executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of colleagues and subordinates
- High energy; highly motivates and empowers others
- Results oriented
- Ability to inspire others to follow
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- An executive possessing the highest levels of professional, personal honestly, integrity and ethics
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.™
Location Street Address: 1185 Avenue of the Americas, 5th Floor
City: New York
Region: Northeast Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NCON7027
Consultant, Management, Legal
4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries