Tax Processing Lead
ID 6470 Location US-CA-Sherman Oaks
Firm Services Internal-facing Services - Administrative and Clerical Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private companies, while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With offices coast to coast and 2,600 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world. The network consists of 150 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 580 cities around the world.
This position is responsible for tax processing activities that includes administrative and project related support to tax client service personnel. The individual will need to understand and anticipate customer’s needs and is responsible for all phases of tax processing including; customer service, administration, copying, assembly, delivery, and communication. This position is responsible for handling multiple priorities, requires a high degree of flexibility, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. This position will also provide coverage and support to other operations services areas as needed.
- Oversee the tax processing function and lead team relative to scheduling, maintaining support coverage and allocation of project work and assignments.
- Collaborate with Tax, office leadership and subject matter expert (SME) to determine cross-utilization needs.
- Process tax returns and utilize firm tracking system to ensure all data is entered, generating reports to review consistency and accuracy.
- Perform quality checks to minimize errors and maximize output.
- Run, format, analyze and distribute tax processing related reports to management.
- Create, format, and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Handle photocopying and scan document requests, including binding, assembly and delivery upon completion.
- Assist SME by championing efforts related to change management and organizational effectiveness.
- Pursue and share best practices with SME.
- Effectively and positively communicate updates in processes and procedures to clients as necessary.
- Provide back-up support to Administrative team and assist with various projects.
- Prepare paperwork to accompany mailings (e.g., UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Order and manage inventory of all tax processing materials.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in a Tax processing role at a professional services firm.
- Tax processing experience required. Leadership experience is desirable.
- Strong organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Project coordination skills with the ability to leverage others in order to complete projects.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, exhibit tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility
- Must be technically competent in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Accurate typing skills of 60 WPM or greater.
- Overtime is required during tax deadlines and busy periods.
- Able to work flexible hours and Saturday’s based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on project schedules and peak business periods. Estimate an annual average of 10% to 20% overtime.
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.