Pipe Stress Engineer
Works under the direction of the Piping Engineering Lead Engineer, or performs the duties of lead piping engineer at the project level to accomplish the following.
- Pipe stress analysis, line list development, specialty item development, writing of necessary procurement as well as fabrication \ construction specifications,
- Handling all procurement activities,
- Handling job cost accounting,
- Client planning, estimating, writing of change notices,
- Supervising of staff members and area leads as overall lead, liaising with the other project team members on common elements,
- Liaison with other offices,
- Self-starter, proactive individual.
This level normally requires a minimum of 12 years of experience in engineering,
He/She is expected to work on and / or supervise the design of larger and more complex units under general supervision from the engineering lead and to perform design quality checking of other stress engineer's calculations, line list and specialty items.
Some experience in leading of small projects or area lead, ready to lead larger projects.
Additional experience within a specialty (such as FE analysis, pipe spec writing etc.) is very helpful.
Performing technical analysis of bid packages for pipe supports, specialty items, valves and bulk pipe. Familiarity with job cost accounting, change management and procurement activities.