Looking to join a company with an exciting future and excellent benefits? Be a part of our World Class Organization. Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation a well known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician II at our Memphis, TN location. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Minimum of three to five years automotive or truck mechanic repair experience
- Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician
- High School graduate or equivalent education, training and experience
- Ideally have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Master Technician
The position requires:
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
Interested candidates should apply online: HERE!
DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES
1384 Farmville Rd
Memphis, TN 38122
At DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES our Diesel bus mechanics are here to diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
Diesel Bus Technician (Tech II) - To perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition. To receive training and hands-on experience to learn to perform the tasks of the trade safely and efficiently and obtain certification as a Technician.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
1. Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
2. Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
3. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
4. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of assignment.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor immediately of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer