Green Tree's core philosophy - that great relationships are the key to effective loan servicing - has established us as one of the country's leading credit-sensitive asset servicers. We provide credit-risk owners with a full-range of innovative, portfolio management solutions that help them maximize the performance of their asset-backed loan portfolios, including fee-for-service, shared risk and owned risk options. Our flexible solutions and proven results have led to long-standing relationships with some of the world's top financial services institutions.If you are looking for a great place to work, Green Tree might be the place for you. Green Tree is a privately held financial services organization servicing the nation's largest portfolio of manufactured housing loans, as well as home equity, home improvement and consumer installment loans. Our organization also markets insurance products to customers on a nationwide basis. Green Tree with its wealth of diversity, is able to provide opportunities for career development. Whether you are a seasoned professional or new to the marketplace, Green Tree could be your perfect fit.
What will you do?
As a Mortgage Collector, you will be the single point of contact for our past due borrowers. You are able to take the time to personally understand each borrower’s unique situation and needs, working together to evaluate payment options that are appropriate to each circumstance. As a successful Collector you will build and cultivate relationships with borrowers based on trust to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible. With the confidence and authority you are given, you can execute realistic solutions to their obstacles.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Manage your individual accounts at the 30, 60 and 90 day level, using our technologically advanced, user-friendly computer systems.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with the goal of keeping our borrowers in their homes and foreclosures and repossessions to a minimum.
- Keep lines of communication open after payment is received to allow for early intervention and preempt future delinquency.
- Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
- Achieve production standards set each month to obtain your bonus reward by working accounts thoroughly and properly according to state and federal guidelines
What kind of people are we looking for?
Responsibility, accountability, creativity, and flexibility are paramount to your success here at Green Tree. On top of that, you will need:
- 2+ years collection experience, preferably with mortgage accounts
- Professional communication skills with a sense of urgency
- Problem solving skills to overcome our borrower’s obstacles, being persuasive and persistent when necessary
- Strong attention to detail and have an organized workflow
- Ability to meet your goals and deadlines in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment
- Desire to be competitive within yourself and within your team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and meet our attendance standards
Hours: Two evening shifts per week, three early shifts per week, two Saturdays per month, and be prepared to work extra hours at month-end. Your schedule may change based on business needs.
We are proud to be an EOE employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.