Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team in collaborating with domestic and international business units to develop, manage and improve demand forecasts, which drive the planning processes that support attainment of global sales forecasts and established customer service objectives. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Leads and champions forecasting strategies and efforts that increase efficiency, profitability, and sustain company growth. Develops relationships with business units and international forecasting and supply chain teams to ensure cohesive forecasting and supply chain strategies.
- Plans and manages business unit/department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Communicates opportunities and risks to management on a proactive basis.
- Develops performance measures, tracks performance, and reports results achieved.
- Leads and champions the refinement and improvement of global demand forecasting processes and systems to support business requirements, and lead to improved forecasting efficiency and effectiveness, and result in increased forecast accuracy and customer service levels.
- Leads the development of a consolidated global demand forecast for all business units, product categories, and regions. This includes the development of the forecast for annual budgeting, quarterly reforecasting and strategic planning.
- Oversees forecasting and planning processes, both global and domestic. Provides leadership for multiple teams of forecasting or planning professionals in various functional areas or product families. Provides coaching and mentoring to partners and other teams.
- Provides forecasting support and expertise for key strategic business unit and global initiatives.
- Provides support for multiple customer groups inside and outside of SCCO. Develops interpersonal relationships across all managed disciplines.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.