Experience: 10 - 12 years
CCCi has an excellent contract opportunity for an Infrastructure Project Manager for a large program involving a data center migration.
The Infrastructure Project Manager Responsibilities:
- The area of concentration is Infrastructure Projects involving all Information Technology including servers, data centers, networks, etc.
- You will be expected to apply Project Management skills and methodologies to manage multiple medium to large or complex projects.
- You will be expected to deliver infrastructure projects on time, within budget, with a high degree of quality and in agreement with stated client requirements and objectives.
- Define and prioritize project requirements. Develop time and cost estimates, project plans, and budgets. Oversee and control ongoing costs, schedules, resources, scope, and risks.
- Negotiate and persuade decision makers regarding necessary action steps to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Develop, monitor, and coordinate project activities, such as scheduling, tracking, and reporting; assess the impact of planned changes and build contingency plans to support the change efforts.
- Overcome obstacles and resistance to change through the use of complex strategies to promote project/program success such as sharing resources to solve mutual problems across the organization.
- Provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keep management aware of the situations. Develop strategy and ensures integration of project plans and overall execution.
- Assess variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance. Use past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
Infrastructure Project Manager Required Skills:
- Over 10 years of experience in IT with extensive experience running mid-size to large projects.
- Over 5 years of documented Project Management experience managing mid-size to large infrastructure projects and programs including data center migrations and operations, schedule management, issue and risk management, scope management, etc.
- Must have experience coordinating multiple vendors with many moving parts and dependencies as well as managing co-located outsourced project teams.
- Ability to drive solutions and meet aggressive timelines.
- Must have traditional project management skill set including the ability to build schedules, create and manage issue and risk logs, manage project financials, manage scope change requests, etc.
- Important to possess the ability to track and follow up on open requests from Project Team via remedy tickets as well as respond to project fire drills by organizing a team and putting a plan in place to address immediate issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to lead team members and the represent team with confidence.
Since 1978, CCCi has delivered over nine million hours of IT expertise and support to more than 375 clients. We are also proud to be one of the largest woman-owned IT consulting companies headquartered in the Southeast and serving our customers nationally. When you join our team, you’ll soon discover the CCCi difference.
We strive to understand your professional and personal objectives, and engage you with opportunities that help you achieve both. To demonstrate our commitment to your well-being and satisfaction, we offer an industry-leading compensation and benefits package including:
- Your choice of compensation plan, including salaried, straight hourly or hourly + PTO (paid time off) and holiday pay options.
- We also offer: Major Medical choices, Dental, Vision, Disability and Supplemental Life all effective the first day of the month after your hire.
- 401k plan with only a 30 day eligibility period.
Infrastructure Project Manager, Infrastructure PM, Project Manager, Strategy, Data Center, DataCenter, PMP, Risk Management, road maps, Mirgration, business continuity, project planning, Infrastructure Management