Experience: 8 - 15 years
.NET Web Developer
CCCi has an opportunity for a .NET Web Developer to join a leading chemical client in Research Triangle Park, NC. As part of the IT Solutions staff of the Global IT function of GB the .Net Web Application Developer will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting web based solutions for all of the various research and business groups. Customers include internal GB personnel globally and also external users for the various collaborations in support of the GB Trait Technology Partner strategy.
Strong analytical and interpersonal skills are both required as the incumbent is expected to work largely independently and be responsible for all phases of applications development. This position will be required to support multiple projects simultaneously so good time management skills are necessary. This position will be based in RTP but may entail travel to other GB sites both domestically and internationally.
.NET Web Developer
- Meeting with users to establish project scope and deliverables.
- Developing user requirements.
- Designing the both the database schema and the user interface.
- Coding and unit testing the solution.
- Integration testing of the solution and training/coaching the users through acceptance testing.
- Implementation of the solution in a production environment.
- Ongoing support, enhancements and problem resolution post-implementation.
- The incumbent will be expected to work with other IT colleagues in various units and functions to assure global integration and optimization of the solution portfolio.
- Development methodologies include both traditional Waterfall and also Agile practices and the incumbent is expected to be facile in both environments.
.NET Web Developer Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline with commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 12 years hands on applications development experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with the .Net framework including both Visual Basic and C# with at least half of that in web based development.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with relational databases (either Oracle or MS SQL Server) with strong relational theory and experience in development of stored procedures and triggers.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing web services.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Ajax technologies.
- Familiarity with middleware technologies (e.g. Oracle Fusion, MS BizTalk) would be a plus
- High productivity and exceptional customer support and satisfaction are required outputs from this position.
- Self-starting, hands-on developer who can work with minimal supervision and deliver quality results on time and within budget.
.NET Web Developer Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with XML technologies including the development of XSDs for input validation.
- Familiarity with programming mobile devices.
- Familiarity with Unix shell and scripting.
- Foreign language skills, especially in German or Portuguese.