1. Licensed nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided.
2. Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
3. Authority to practice and prescribe as a nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided if prescribing is permitted by state and federal law. NP must comply with all state and federal requirements to be authorized to prescribe Schedule II drugs, such as obtaining any required collaboration agreement and DEA registration number, in those states which permit the NP to prescribe Schedule II drugs.
4. Medicare billing privileges as a nurse practitioner.
5. Meet physician-nurse practitioner collaborative requirements specific to the state assigned to work by the Company including, if required by applicable state law, entering into a collaborative agreement and supply a copy of all active collaborating physician agreements and any required guidelines and protocols established with or by the collaborating physician within which the NP must practice.
6. Have insurance required by state law for nurse practitioners to practice and prescribe in the state where services are provided, or be eligible for such insurance requirements to be satisfied by group coverage with Company.
7. One (1 ) year experience as a nurse practitioner.
8. Three (3) to five (5) years total nursing experience preferred.
9. Geriatric primary care and/or hospice experience preferred.
10. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other payers reimbursement and coding for all levels of service – home, office, nursing home, assisted living, etc., and other applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
11. Knowledge of disease specific local coverage determinant (LCD) criteria for hospice eligibility along with knowledge of CMS Face to Face regulatory requirements.
12. Knowledge of hospice philosophy and service components.
13. Excellent oral and written communication skills, experienced working in a collaborative care team environment and functioning autonomously with minimal supervision.
14. Current CPR certification.
15. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner Page 7 of 8 January 2012
16. Familiarity with electronic medical records preferred.
17. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Contact Info: Mary Ann Pereira [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], 877-263-9613