The UI Developer designs, implements and supports the web development for website functionality and will work closely with Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. The website team is dynamic, fast paced, and highly collaborative. Ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where change is constant. The website development team uses an Agile methodology where all roles closely collaborate with one another in order to complete each unit of work the story. In other words, development is not complete until all unit testing, code reviews, QA verification, and user acceptance have passed for each story. This means communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must for this position. The website team is self-organizing. This means developers need to take initiative to pick up stories and reach out to other team members when they need assistance in order to ensure the story is completed. Likewise, developers need to be available and willing to assist other engineers and team mates when they need assistance. Verbal and written communication skills are key here.
- Design, implement and unit test Web Application code
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with business analysts to understand and implement complex business functionality.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Work with the Lead to review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup and layout (HTML, CSS)
- 3 years solid experience in building web applications using the latest standards-based approaches.
- 3 years knowledge of JSP, Java, and Java Servlets (or similar generation technologies).
- Demonstrable knowledge of semantic markup techniques.
- Experience in BDD / TDD development practices is a plus.
- Good sense of what is required of a great user interface.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team development environment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years full life cycle development experience.
- Familiarity with Ant, Maven, and/or SVN is a plus; experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies is a plus.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design Skills is a plus.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, customer-facing, environment.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.