Smartsource is looking for a Cisco Certified Voice Engineer who will be open to working in various locations.
Travel; Yes-The field tech is here in East Setauket office. You will travel is Suffolk/Nassau county with some limited travel to NYC, Bronx Brooklyn areas.
Location: East Setauket, NY 11773
Part time or Full time position
Required certifications: CCVP or CCNA-Voice
Department: Service and Support Reports to: Field Manager
The Field Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
• Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
• Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
• System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
• Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
• Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
• Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
• Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
• Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
If you are qualified for this position, please call and or send your resume today to Carissa at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
or call me at 630-818-1053.