Teledyne Technologies Incorporated is a leading provider of sophisticated electronic components and subsystems, instrumentation and communications products, including defense electronics, monitoring and control instrumentation for marine, environmental and industrial applications, harsh environment interconnect products, data acquisition and communications equipment for air transport and business aircraft, and components and subsystems for wireless and satellite communications. We also provide engineered systems and information technology services for defense, space and environmental applications, manufacture general aviation engines and components, and supply energy generation, energy storage and small propulsion products.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include government agencies, aerospace prime contractors, energy exploration and production companies, major industrial companies, and airlines and general aviation companies.
Teledyne Controls is a leading provider of end-to-end solutions designed to help operators increase flight safety and operational efficiency through more efficient aircraft data and information management. With over 40 years of working closely with civil and military operators worldwide, we have developed a range of products that fit together to provide total solutions and deliver greater benefits to our customers. This includes solutions for areas such as Flight Data Analysis, Dataloading of Software Parts and Electronic Distribution and Management of Software Parts.
With the increasing concerns in the industry around security, a greater focus on the combination of IT security implementations on avionics equipment and supporting ground systems will be needed. The Security SME is expected to coordinate with various groups in the organization that perform the functions for the individual tasks (management, design, engineering, support) within a specific system or program, with the goal of securing the overall system keeping in mind performance and schedule. Problem solving and adaptation of skills is considered important. Familiarity with configuration control, requirements tracking systems, and technical documentation is required.
Please note: This position could be located either at our El Segundo location or our Thousand Oaks location.
• Bachelor's degree (an IT or Computer Science field is desirable, but not required), however equivalent work experience in the IT industry or a combination of an Associate?s degree and work experience may be considered acceptable.
• Experience (Required)
• 3 ? 5 years of infrastructure support
• 2 ? 4 years of design, auditing, support and troubleshooting of security systems
• Extensive knowledge of security appliances such as firewalls, proxy and IDS systems
• 1 ? 2 years of desktop support responsibilities desired.
• Strong communication and documentation skills along with attention to detail
• Experience (Highly Desirable)
• Working knowledge of avionic systems, security concerns and supporting infrastructures
• Working knowledge of ARINC standards, particularly those relating to security
• Good knowledge of database design and operation (Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
• Working knowledge of network concepts including design and troubleshooting
• Good knowledge of software design concepts and application development
• Areas of focused knowledge should include virtualization, Public Key Infrastructures (PKI), mutual authentication using digital certificates, and code signing and verification. Experience performing security and vulnerability analyses for aircraft systems in conjunction with ATA Spec 42 and ARINC 842 are highly desirable.
• A security specialist should hold the Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP certification, with OEM certifications like Cisco?s Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) certification or Cisco?s Certified Design Expert CCDE, a Linux certification like Red Hat?s RHCE and Microsoft?s MCSE Security highly desirable. This knowledge will need to become prevalent in Systems Engineering thinking and design. Certifications such as Security+ are also useful.
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.