PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Production Supervisor provides leadership to the manufacturing group on a given shift. The Production Supervisor provides first line leadership to a crew of hourly personnel engaged in the manufacturing process. The Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of production scheduling, safety, maintenance and repair, quality, discipline, attendance, enforcement of plant rules and other related areas in the efficient operations of the facility.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring production personnel.
• Directs activities of the production crew. Responsible for maintaining operating efficiencies of production machines.
• Coordinates repairs and maintenance activities with production planning and maintenance department to maximize uptime and labor efficiencies.
• Trouble shoots down equipment and process problems.
• Leads safety activities of production personnel.
• Provides creative leadership in improving operating efficiencies.
• Provides ongoing shift leadership to plant personnel engaged in manufacturing activities to ensure quality and delivery performance for the plant.
• Provides counseling, leadership and direction to the hourly employees on production issues.
• Provides direction daily on production schedules, unscheduled downtime and the efficient utilization of resources, including manpower.
• Enforces plant rules, monitors attendance and provides corrective action as necessary.
• Prepares production reports and data for management.
• Conducts regular shift meetings and training sessions for hourly personnel.
• Coordinates improvements activities with other departments.
• Supports and implements Operational Excellence programs as they pertain to their shift.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years mfg experience with a least 2 years in a leadership role
• Experience in plastic manufacturing processes such as injection and/or blow molding
• Experience in cost reduction, production efficiency improvements and continuous improvement activities are also very desirable
Shift flexibility is needed for this position as shift is to be determined.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Fostering Teamwork
• Managing Change
• Performance Management
• Attention to Detail
• Effective Communication