The Service Desk Operator (SDO) is responsible for supporting the functional and operational efficiency of Information Management and the Service Support Division.
• Take ownership of resolving first level customer service requests related to both hardware and software and will use excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills along with a patient, positive, and customer-friendly attitude within a team environment.
• Highly customer service orientated and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computer resources.
• Responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives of the Service Desk, the Service Support Division, Information Management, and the CHRISTUS organization as a whole.
• Will cooperate with other personnel and workgroups, to practice ongoing self-development, and to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the CHRISTUS Mission, Core Values, and Vision.
• Provides first level hardware and software technical support to include password resets in a professional and timely manner, while ensuring Five-Star Customer Service to both CHRISTUS Health and external customers seeking assistance from the Service Desk through phone calls.
• Provides effective Five-Star Customer Service by being polite, courteous, and friendly towards all customers at all times.
• Acknowledges customers immediately in order to determine need and helps the customer resolve issues or requests.
• Provides customers with assistance in understanding and making appropriate use of software tools and various applications and equipment such as, but not limited to MEDITECH, Microsoft Office Suite, WYSE/PC terminals, and printers to support end user and/or customer requests.
• Determines higher tiered or second level support group responsible if First Call Resolution does not occur.
• Adheres to all established Service Desk policies, procedures, and guidelines for processing, escalating, notifying and closing customer calls.
• Fully documents all associated resolutions and/or actions taken in the ticketing software system, including but not limited to, description of incident, information on the customer and hardware used, troubleshooting methods performed, and actions taken to final resolution and furthermore communicates resolution/escalation to the customer.
• Assists Service Desk Analysts and second level support analysts in evaluating change management resolutions on new products and technologies for the organization.