To serve as Director of Student Financial Services, providing direction and leadership for SFS staff, and manage SFS with a special emphasis on compliance with federal regulations, EDMC policy and service to the students. To ensure the SFS Office, at a minimum, meets the Planner Productivity measurements. To ensure all aid is paid in a timely basis. To ensure that all monthly or quarterly SFS staff evaluations (PPARs) are completed. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. Key Job Elements
- Assure that the SFS team is in compliance with Federal, State and EDMC rules and regulations.
- Develop objectives to achieve long range goals within the SFS budget, Prepare reports as necessary.
- Hire, train, manage and supervise Associate Directors of Student Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Aid and Financial Aid Officers. Responsible for adequate training and development of all SFS staff, maintenance of planning Load as needed, and provide for self and staff professional and personal development.
- Counsel students and parents regarding financial plan / eligibility, and provide that all students (new, re-entry, and continuing) are planned and aware of their financial obligations to the school as well as the appropriate financial resources available to them.
- Insure that all financial assistance programs available in the school are in compliance with all applicable regulations. Research and develop additional financial aid resources.
- Coordinate interoffice functions within SFS (data entry, planning, etc.) as well as between SFS and other AI departments (Admissions, Student Services, Education, Student Accounting, Registrar, etc.).
- Demonstrate proficiency in timely collections (for the entire SFS Office): -90% aid paid consistently by end of 5th week of term and 98% by end of 8th week of term.
- Maintain consistently clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations and school policies and procedures (for the entire SFS Office). -Less than a 10% comment rate per term and less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Director of Administrative and Financial Services Directly Supervises:
Associate Director of Student Financial Services, Assistant Director of Student Financial Aid, Financial Aid Officer, Processing specialists, Student Loan Coordinators, Data Assistants, and Administrative Assistant (The number depends on school size) Interacts With:
Other members of the student accounts team as well as students, and the Admissions and Registration departments. Job Requirements Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required with a Master's degree preferred.
- Five or more years of solid experience in financial aid or student accounts preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- In depth knowledge of principles, practices, methodology, and procedures for the provision of student financial aid.
- Knowledge of EDMC policies pertaining to the provision of student financial aid.
- Experience with the budget process as well as an overview of A/R and A/P.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid/EDE software programs such as CARS or Campusvue.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, and direct student financial assistance programs and initiatives.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests