Machinist III (CNC Programmer, Tool and Die)
Sargent Aerospace & Defense is a premier global supplier of custom engineered, high quality products to the Aerospace and Defense Industries. Sargent holds a leadership position in this highly competitive environment as a result of its commitment to investment in people, technology, facilities, new products, processes and equipment. Sargent is comprised of two market focused groups: Sargent OEM Group and Sargent Aftermarket Services Group. This group structure allows Sargent to provide focused, customized solutions to the market segments served, while leveraging Sargent’s organizational strengths across every business unit.
Sargent Aerospace & Defense products are found on many major Commercial and Military aircraft in operation worldwide. Products and systems include hydraulic actuation and valve systems, locking actuators, steering metering control valves, fuse pins, hot forged bolts, pneumatic ducting and valve seals, tubing system alignment joints, engine hot section and structural components, airframe components, shock strut bearings, Teflon lined spherical bearings and broad component maintenance, overhaul, spares logistics and power-by-the-hour support services. Sargent is also a major supplier of hydraulic control valves to the US Navy on all Nuclear Class Submarine programs. Sargent has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist.
Purpose and Scope:
Be able to program and efficiently cut complex 3D surfaces while holding tight tolerance. Must have the ability to program and run 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC mills. Must be capable of performing part programming, fixturing, and dimensional verification. Must be comfortable with high precision, complex and challenging parts. Experience with Master Cam and CNC vertical milling machines and turning centers.CNC Steuerung image by Roland Pavic from Fotolia.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program complicated parts and tooling using CAM software and edit programs at CNC machines
- Read and interpret prints and drawings
- Create and/or complete documentation
- Demonstrate broad understanding of production operations operations including set up and operations of CNC machines, including lathes, horizontal and vertical mills
- Insure quality performance exceeds customer expectations
- Insure all communications channels are used to share information quickly and accurately
- Complete in process inspection documentation as required
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experienced in using measuring tools using established tolerances
- Practical use of precision measuring instruments
- Understanding of machining process
- Basic MRP knowledge, G-code, ability to read/interpret complex prints and drawings and quality specifications
- Other duties assigned
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Decipher routers, sketches, blueprints, and engineering details.
- Provide assistance in establishing set up and layout methods, order of operations, and application of required parts and materials.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be proficient with 3, 4 and 5 axis programming using a popular CAD/CAM system such as Master cam.
- Advanced math skills- college level Algebra, geometry, and some trigonometry
- Advanced measurement skills
- Knowledge physical sciences
- Read, interpret technical drawings and standards
- Interpret, and document QC standards as a part of the operation.
- Knowledge of tooling capabilities
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run
- Strong communication abilities
- Critical thinking abilities
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to easily adapt to changing environment
- Ability to monitor operations
- Ability to quickly react to non confirming operations as they occur
- Ability to produce parts within tolerances
- Ability to measure, cut, or work on items with great accuracy
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, and company matched 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/h/v
Sargent Aerospace & Defense