- We have opportunities for part-time Boiler Consultants, with the option to work remotely from home, anywhere in the U.S., on an as-needed basis.
• As a Boiler/Steam Generator Specialist, you will act as a subject matter specialist for our employees and clients in providing technical guidance for specific systems and equipment. You will utilize your technical expertise toward conducting reviews of fossil-fueled steam generation systems and make recommendations, which will include supporting documentation from your evaluations, and will require knowledge of associated codes and regulations.
• Examine and evaluate existing steam generation systems in order to analyze condition and/or assess root cause system issues; compile supporting studies and recommendation reports, which may include calculations, historical documentation, system upgrade criteria, and equipment and project specifications. Additionally, you will provide assistance with the preparation of conceptual designs for new steam systems and applications.
• There may be opportunities for domestic and international travel for meetings with our project teams, clients, and/or vendors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• BSME required; MSME preferred.
• 10+ years experience in the design of fossil fuel-fired power plant boilers/steam generators (coal, oil, gas) for heavy industrial plants (power or chemical), with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, and modifications or replacements to existing plants. Experience must include a thorough understanding of the various available boiler technologies, equipment selection, and the preparation of supporting calculations and specifications.
• Experience in overseeing the inspection, repair, and maintenance of various types of fossil-fueled boilers, including the integrated auxiliary steam generation system (fans, air preheaters, ducts, pulverizers, steam drums, flues), and must have a comprehensive understanding of the various system methodologies.
• An understanding of materials selection and also the various fuels used in heavy industrial boilers.
• A basic understanding of how to control boiler water chemistry.
• A fundamental knowledge of Section 1 of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
• Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
• An ability to calculate products of combustion and understand the methods to control emissions.
• An understanding of how to review design drawings and calculations that were created by others.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• PE license strongly preferred.
• Construction and start-up experience a plus.
• Commissioning experience a plus.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.