Experience: 4 - 6 years
CCCi seeks an ETL Developer for a 3 month contract to hire position with our client in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will enjoy working with a high-energy, customer-focused team of business, data and technical experts managing the financial settlement and data warehouse environments for a premier debit card provider in the nation.
ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of warehouse systems from requirements gathering and analysis
through implementation of the production system.
- Code, test, debug, and document Data Warehouse and financially-related ETL applications of moderate
complexity; also - collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, design documentation, process
enhancements and other aspects of SDLC
- Provide support in all aspects of data movement for a data warehouse environment, with emphasis on
the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process.
- Translate customer requirements and formulates detailed specifications from which programs are written
- Maintain a suite of existing applications and provide critical production support to meet daily OLA/SLAs
defined with internal and external stakeholders
- Along with regular production support, the team is focused on enhancing the platform's scalability and
availability to keep ahead of our growth and improve levels of service.
- Participate in 24hr on-call support (on rotation basis)
- Identify opportunities to optimize our ETL environment including monitoring and implementing quality
and validation processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Participate in development and production support around few non-ETL applications like EBX/MDM,
OBIEE, TIDAL, etc…
- Participate in two week sprints with releases roughly every other month depending on business needs.
ETL Developer Requirements:
- Must have 4+ years of experience working either a Data Warehousing environment (focused on
Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse and Data Marts) or experience developing Enterprise ETL
- 3+ years development experience with various ETL tools (combination of Oracle Warehouse Builder –
OWB, IBM IBM DataStage, Informatica, etc) is required
- 3+ years Oracle PL/SQL Development and Oracle SQL tuning experience is required
- Good understanding with basic Unix Scripting Language
- Knowledge/experience with data warehousing concepts such as data modeling, data quality, SCD, ETL
and developing data warehouse applications using an Agile methodology preferred
- Working knowledge of the Business Intelligence (BI, OLAP, ROLAP) tools
- Must understand the development and maintenance techniques surrounding data movement.
ETL Developer Desired Skills:
- 1+ years development experience specifically with Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
- 1+ years Java/XML working experience is preferred
- Prefer experience with Master Data Management (MDM) environment
- Prefer experience interfacing with ERP (Oracle E-Business Suite) environment
- Prefer experience financial services or in a high-transaction processing environment
- Experience with high transactional volume or highly available systems are desirable.
ETL, Data Warehouse, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Unix Scripting