Project Controls Manager – F G
Faithful Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
Faithful Gould is seeking to engage a highly skilled and experienced Project Controls Manager to work client-side for a Commercial Construction Office Fit-Outs project working from a joint project team location in Houston, Texas. The qualified candidates will be implementing established procedures for baseline schedules and cost control budgets, monitoring progress, actual expenditures and developing forecasts as needed. They will analyze status data and trends as required and will be responsible for all aspects of project cost management
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
• Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
• Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts.
• Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
• Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems.
• Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
• Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections. Works within the Clients Project Management team and manages the overall project costs.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Remains on the forefront of new and emerging industry practices and the potential application on client engagements.
• Maintains effective communication between project team members and key stakeholders including client, consultants, contractors, and public entities.
• Effectively facilitates team and client meetings, acting as chair as appropriate.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience:
• At least 5 years of engineering and construction project controls experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related Engineering field.
• An Industry relevant degree is preferred but equivalent experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
Faithful Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
Management, Strategy - Planning
4 Year Degree
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.