In this role as a Registered Nurse (RN), you must be a healthcare professional with a strong desire to work with long-term care residents. In addition to having strong nursing skills, you will need the following:
• Registered Nurse license (RN)
• Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit
• 1 year of supervisory experience is preferred
• Strong patient-assessment skills
• Ability to communicate confidently, clearly, concisely and professionally in English, both verbally and in writing
• Comfortable rapport while interfacing with residents, families and other facility staff
• Ability to provide constructive criticism to staff and to identify opportunities for professional development
• Strong organization skills
• Long-term care experience is preferred
• Meets all health requirements required by law Benefits
In addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package.
• 401%28k) and matching contributions
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• STD/LTD and life insurance
• Paid time off – personal, sick, vacation and holiday
• Employee-assistance program – employees and dependents
• …..And more!
Why Extendicare? Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions. Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success. Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development. Great people are our greatest strength!