Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private midsized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationships that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them. In 2004, we received the Impact Award of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce for its achievements in growth, economic impact and community support. Our newest honor was winning the Customer Engagement 2012 AMCF Consulting Project of the Year. Over the years, we have been recognized by Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities it serves. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others’ success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term disability
- Long-Term disability
- Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
- Long - Term care Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
- Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
- Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
- Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
- Education reimbursement option
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
- Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
- The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
If you are an experienced ETL Database Developer with strong leadership capabilities and you are looking for a rewarding new career direction, join our cutting-edge team at CapTech in Richmond, VA! In your role as an ETL Database Developer, you will be responsible for the analysis, development, and integration of disparate systems throughout all phases of the project life cycle. You will work as part of a project team delivering high-quality and efficient integration solutions. You will need to be able to clearly and effectively present designs and communicate highly technical concepts to a wide variety of team members and users at varying levels of expertise.
As an ETL Database Developer, you will wear a variety of different hats as you develop data integration solutions for our clients using ETL tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio and SSIS. You will be responsible for the design, development, documentation and quality assurance. Your duties will evolve over the life of the project as you lead the system integration elements of the development process and apply your analytical and problem-solving skills to the various issues that arise. In your role as an ETL Database Developer, you will be a versatile resource and may be part of the entire data development life cycle or your duties may cover only certain parts of the cycle, depending upon the needs of the project.
Your specific duties as an ETL Database Developer will include:
- Meeting with business users to gather data requirements
- Analyzing and profiling data
- Designing ETL solutions
- Logical and physical data modeling
- Testing and debugging code, both your own and that produced by fellow team members
- Coordinating with the Data Architect to support data model changes
- Working with end users and development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards
- Migrating and integrating code to production
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance test plans are executed before releasing product enhancements for user acceptance testing
- Providing production support during client warranty period, troubleshooting and resolving any production issues that may arise
- Conducting performance tuning of anything connected to data systems and ensuring efficient operations and maximizing resources to provide the best results for our clients